Southside was started in 1882 by a man named William J. Moon selling fresh meats door to door from the back of a wagon. He opened his first storefront in 1886 as a local butcher who served BBQ in the back. At heart, Southside is still that same small town market serving the needs of our communities in Elgin and Bastrop.
Download current meat market menu here.