Bite into a slice of our Sausage Slammer Pizza! This recipe is a delicious twist on a Southside staple. We start with Sausage Slammers, of course! They’re cheddar-stuffed jalapeños, hand rolled in our house-made pork sausage, and then wrapped in bacon. Smoked low and slow, serve our Slammers as a wow-worthy appetizer, feature them as your main course, or use them to create your own mouthwatering recipe! We call them Sausage Slammers. You’ll call them Amazing!
– Preheat grill with pizza stone to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
– While grill is heating up, roll out dough on well floured surface
– Once you’ve reached the desired size and thickness of your dough, transfer to floured pizza peel for easier transition to the grilling surface
– Begin pizza assembly, starting with the sauce, cheese and then arrange the sliced Sausage Slammers.
– Top pizza with slice pickled jalapenos, onions and Southside BBQ Seasoning
– Transfer assembled pizza to the baking stone and bake for 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees
– Once finished, top with a drizzle of Southside BBQ Sauce and serve!